"Find life experiences and swallow them whole. travel. meet many people. go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. try everything. exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life."

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Last Supper (almost)

 “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese

Fun fact: Kiwis each dine upon an average of 57 lbs of lamb per year while an American eats a mere .7lbs each in comparison. 
     Tonight, I managed to fulfill my quota for the year by feasting upon a lamb roast.  After learning of the Kiwis fondness for this meat, I had to, of course, be sure I liked it before I left.  Results? Success.  I can now walk into any Kiwi's humble abode and dine upon their favorite dish without any hesitation. 

With this last supper of sorts out of the way, all I have left to do is pack my life into one 50 lb bag.  In a little over a week, on July 4th to be exact (a little ironic), I will set foot on the plane, leaving all comforts behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment